This workshop is designed to help participants improve their interactions with other people in their workplace or at home. This workshop gives participants the opportunity to improve the critical communication skills of listening, asking questions and being aware of non-verbal messages. This workshop can also help participants who are struggling to find that middle ground between being too aggressive and too passive. An assertive person is confident and direct in dealing with others. Assertive communications promote fairness and equality in human interactions, based on a positive sense of respect for self and others. It is the direct communication of a person’s needs, wants, and opinions without punishing, threatening, or putting down another person. Assertive behavior involves three categories of skills; self-affirmation, expressing positive feelings, and expressing negative feelings. Each will be explored during this course
This workshop is highly practical and designed for experienced professionals who want to build on their leadership skill. Participants also learn more about the elements of our communication with others that help us reveal appropriate information about ourselves, and on how to better manage ourselves for a professional image.
Workshop Motto; “The only healthy communication style is assertive communication"
Number of Days
Highlights of what Advantedges’ participants will learn:
- Identify common communication problems that may be holding them back
- Understand the difference between assertive, aggressive and passive behaviour
- Take a quiz to determine their real style under pressure
- Always make a positive first impression with voice and word tools
- Develop skills in asking questions that give them the information they need
- Learn what their non-verbal messages are telling others
- Develop skills in listening actively and empathetically to others
- Learn how to firmly stand their ground and make their feelings heard
- Turn negative thoughts around into positive framed thinking
- Be aware of how assertiveness improves self leadership and success
- Learn to coach peers to become more assertive
This workshop is designed for experienced professionals who seek to maximize their potential, develop leadership skills, become more influential and add more value to their organization.