Effective delegation is one of the most valuable skills you can master. It reduces your workload and develops employee skills. Delegating prepares employees who work for you to be able to handle your responsibilities and simultaneously allows you to advance to other career opportunities.
Delegation is also often one of the hardest skills for a manager to master. However, the skill can be learned. This one day workshop will explore many of the facets of delegation, including when to delegate and whom to delegate to. We will also go through the delegation process step by step to see where the pitfalls lie and what we can do about getting around them.
This workshop is highly practical and designed for experienced professionals who want to build on their personal leadership skill. Participants also learn more about the elements of our leadership, control and delegation skills that help us reveal appropriate information about ourselves, and on how to better manage ourselves for professional growth.
Workshop Motto; “Don’t tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results.”-George S.Patton
Number of Days
Highlights of what Advantedges’ participants will learn:
- Clearly identify how delegation fits into their job and how it can make them more successful
- Identify different ways of delegating tasks
- Create an audit and personal action plan
- Use an eight-step process for effective delegation
- Give better instructions for better delegation results
- Ask better questions and listen more effectively
- Recognize common delegation pitfalls and how to avoid them
- Test their delegation skills via role-play exercises
This workshop is designed for experienced professionals who seek to maximize their potential, develop leadership skills, become more influential and add more value to their organization.